Mission Groups may begin meeting this week. Groups should cover the sermon text (John 1:1-18) and discuss who they are sharing the message of Jesus with or who they are going to share it with.
I’ve drafted a few questions covering the Prologue to John’s Gospel for Mission Group Leaders. However, feel free to use your own as well.
Considering the following and how they have applied to your life? If not, why not?
John writes that Jesus:
- Played a part in creation and that everything that exists was created for Him. (vv. 1-3)
- That He is the “word” that: (a) holds everything together; (b) brings peace; but is also (c) the judgment of God that demonstrates His power. (vv. 1-2)
- Is God and is with God. (v. 1)
- Is the light which “enlightens” all. (vv. 5,7-10)
- Is Life. (v. 4)
- Bears God’s “grace” and “truth”. (vv. 14, 17)
- Is the “Messiah” or prophet, priest and king. (v. 16)
- Reveals God the Father. (v. 18)
- Who are you currently sharing the message of Jesus with? Who are you praying about sharing it with?Posted by Matt, Revolution Leadership Team.
Revolution Church: Worship, Grow, Serve.