First of all, always remember to review the text for the week with your bulletin outline in hand.
Second, look over C.J. Mahaney’s list for cultivating humility
1. Reflect on the wonder of the cross of Christ.
AS EACH DAY BEGINS:
2. Begin your day by acknowledging your dependence upon God and your need for God.
3. Begin your day expressing gratefulness to God.
4. Practice the spiritual disciplines – prayer, study of God’s Word, worship. Do this consistently each day and at the day’s outset if possible.
5. Seize your commute time to memorize and meditate on Scripture.
6. Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
AS EACH DAY ENDS:
7. At the end of the day, transfer the glory to God.
8. Before going to sleep, receive this gift of sleep from God and acknowledge His purpose for sleep.
FOR SPECIAL FOCUS:
9. Study the attributes of God.
10. Study the doctrines of grace.
11. Study the doctrine of sin.
12. Play golf as much as possible.
13. Laugh often, and laugh often at yourself.
THROUGHOUT YOUR DAYS AND WEEKS:
14. Identify evidences of grace in others.
15. Encourage and serve others each and every day.
16. Invite and pursue correction.
17. Respond humbly to trials.
Now run through as many of these as possible (remember to try to stick to an hour!) and ask yourself why these activities could help you cultivate humility? Why do we need to decrease so that He might increase?
What is the Gospel and how does know it keep us humble?
Who are you praying for God to save? How are you trying to reach?
May God bless your time together.